Re: Find out which machine is connecting...

Re: Find out which machine is connecting...

TechFan
I think those settings are set at login. . .you'll have to see if
Microsoft has provided a nice way to do this. . .try google. . .

Found this. . .doesn't look hopeful. . .
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/20620/20620.html
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q281/9/81.asp

Mitchel Constantin wrote:

> I am using the rdesktop package with Thinstation for each of my thin
> clients and I am programming some custom software for the users. The
> software is dependent on knowing which machine they are using. For now
> my program is accessing the environmental variable "%clientname%" in
> windows and lets me figure out where they are coming from the first
> time they log on, but if they go and log onto another machine (and use
> the same session they were on) the %clientname% variable will not
> update. Is there another work around for this? It is pretty important
> for what I am doing...
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Mitchel Constantin

RE: Find out which machine is connecting...

richJ-3

Can you change the program to use a different variable and set it from a
logon or reconnect script ?
reconnect script app : http://www.brianmadden.com/content/content.asp?ID=298
.

Not sure if you can change the clientname variable, there is setx.exe to set
user and machine environment variables as a resource kit download from
Microsoft. I will have to have a look later.

RichJ