Re: No reboot for thinstation 5.1.3

Francis SOUYRI
Hello,

        I tested with SMP and no SMP kernel, with allmodules, with
busybox/reboot from TS 2.2, the Dell Optiplex 330 do not reboot.

I think this is a kernel problem, any idea ?

Best regards.

Francis

On 02/04/2014 09:39 AM, Francis SOUYRI wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       The "reboot" command do not work with the thinstation 5.1.3 on an
> Dell Optiplex 330 (no problem with thinstation 2.2) the system halt with
> the messages:
>
> The system is going down NOW!
> Sent SIGTERM to all processes
> acpid: exiting
>
> Send SIGKILL to all processes
> Requesting system reboot
> sd: 0:0:0:0 [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
> Restarting system.
> reboot: machine restart
>
> There is no problem wth "poweroff"
>
> Best regards.
>
> Francis

Re: No reboot for thinstation 5.1.3

Francis SOUYRI
Hello Don,

        Yes I have the probleme with all our Dell Optiplex 300, I upgraded the
bios from A03 to A09 (latest) I have the same problem.

The only changes in the bios from the default are, usb no boot, sata
ahci, nic with pxe, audio off, set password setup,

This hardware reboot with TS 2.2.

Best regards.

Francis

On 02/13/2014 05:20 PM, Don Cupp wrote:

> So the question becomes,
>
> Is it all OptiPlex 330 that are affected by this problem? Is the bios up
> to date? Is the bios reset to defaults?
> It might be a kernel issue, but if it were, I would expect it to show up
> on more than one machine.
>

> On Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:27 AM, Francis SOUYRI
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I tested with SMP and no SMP kernel, with allmodules, with
> busybox/reboot from TS 2.2, the Dell Optiplex 330 do not reboot.
>
> I think this is a kernel problem, any idea ?
>
> Best regards.
>
> Francis
>
> On 02/04/2014 09:39 AM, Francis SOUYRI wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  >      The "reboot" command do not work with the thinstation 5.1.3 on an
>  > Dell Optiplex 330 (no problem with thinstation 2.2) the system halt with
>  > the messages:
>  >
>  > The system is going down NOW!
>  > Sent SIGTERM to all processes
>  > acpid: exiting
>  >
>  > Send SIGKILL to all processes
>  > Requesting system reboot
>  > sd: 0:0:0:0 [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
>  > Restarting system.
>  > reboot: machine restart
>  >
>  > There is no problem wth "poweroff"
>  >
>  > Best regards.
>  >
>  > Francis
>  >
>  >
>  > [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>  > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/thinstation-developer
>  >
>  >

Re: No reboot for thinstation 5.1.3

Francis SOUYRI
Hello,

        With the kernel parameter "reboot=f" the system reboot.

In the build.conf add: param kernelcmdline "reboot=f"

Best regards.

Francis