Re: framebuffer kernel modules

Don Cupp
I think I got everything merged into master.......

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 20:31:28 +0000

Thanks for accepting my suggestion and sorry for late reply. Finally I had time to download current 5.2 kernels and do some homework. Attached I am sending patch files for UP/SMP/x64 kernel configs. If they are OK, I can prepare patchs for other branchs too. Regarding blacklist, I prepared a generic one which includes several fb modules including ones I have added to the config files.

By the way, is it possible for you to add via opensource driver to 5.2 branch too ? I want to test it but I need to stich with 5.2 until I port my works to 5.4.

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 18:03:59 +0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

I guess we could do that. So far as I know, no one is maintaining the via kernel module. It might work for old stuff, but the vx800+ series should not need it. send me a patch for the ones you think should be enabled, and a blacklist to stop them by default.