Rolling back kernel

Peters, Robert
I just rolled back the kernel from the experimental 4.1.x to the latest long term support kernel 3.18.20. Please try with this kernel, there have been several reports of issues with the 4.x series.

How do you try with a different kernel?

Thanks,
Robert Peters

Re: Rolling back kernel

Ian Pitcher
Is there an easy way to switch back to the 4.x kernel? I'm trying to get Thinstation 5.4/master working on an Intel NUC5CPYH (Braswell) and I'm having some video issues (Xorg starts fine, then black screen) with 3.18.20 that aren't present when testing under the HZDR fork which uses the 4.1.3 kernel still.

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Don Cupp <[hidden email]> wrote:
If are using devstation, Start -> DevStation -> Factory Reset

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 2:25 PM, "Peters, Robert" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I just rolled back the kernel from the experimental 4.1.x to the latest long term support kernel 3.18.20. Please try with this kernel, there have been several reports of issues with the 4.x series.

How do you try with a different kernel?

Thanks,
Robert Peters

Ian Pitcher
Accumetrics Limited

Re: Rolling back kernel

Don Cupp
go to your checkout,
rm -rf *
git checkout -f
rm -rf ts/ports/kernel-modules
git checkout -f 1d02dcc7ae44a1539c1466201033ea12ff80b3be ts/ports/kernel-modules
./setup-chroot