Scp as hdupdate and net file method

trentasis
Hi,

Now we are using tftp as net file method and hdupdate, but we like to migrate to scp to increase performance and security.
I'm not sure how to do this, my questions are realted what user to user how to create and configure scp as method for net file method and hdupdate...

How can i do this?

Re: Scp as hdupdate and net file method

Don Cupp
It looks like you need to put two variables into thinstation.conf.buildtime or a netfile.

HDUPDATE_USER
HDUPDATE_SERVER

The values of both are going to be determined by your network architecture. I could not tell you what user to use any more than I could tell you the ip address of your server. You will also have to embed the "private" ssh key of that user into your image, as to prevent scp from going interactive and requesting a password. This almost entirely undoes any security that scp would provide, but not quite.