Screen Resolution pre set in sessions (updated)

Screen Resolution pre set in sessions (updated)

Martijn de Jongh
This post was updated on .
Ok next step in my TS project

I need different screen resolutions per device\group, and can't seem to get it working.. By default it goes to the recommended setting 1920x1200. I checked the possible resolution settings with the original devtsation build and live cd. And setting it (1280x800) via xfwm4 configuration menu works.

Reading the documentation and forum I set the following lines in Thinstation.conf.buildtime

CUSTOM_CONFIG=on
SCREEN_RESOLUTION=1280X800

and also
SCREEN_COLOR_DEPTH=24

For troubleshooting  I am using the xfwm4 session. But the screen res stays in 1920x1200 after booting.

Re: Screen Resolution pre set in sessions

Martijn de Jongh
Ok i figured it out.

I am now using xrander to set the dual screen\monitor and resolution settings. The XRANDR_OPTIONS="" was not working for me. So I just used the xrandr command.

First got the display resolution modes with a Thinstation Live CD. In terminal type xrandr and got them.

So in the thinstation.conf I put the line:

xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --output DVI-0 --right-of DisplayPort-0

and specific for 1280x1024

xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --mode 1280x1024 --output DVI-0 --mode 1280x1024 --right-of DisplayPort-0

The different resolution will be set in a MAC or GROUP conf.

Re: Screen Resolution pre set in sessions

Martijn de Jongh
This post was updated on .
Thanks Don! I will try it with that setting :-)

Yep its working now.
for the auto resolution and dual monitor in thinstation.conf.network

USE_XRANDR=true
XRANDR_OPTIONS="--output DisplayPort-0 --output DVI-0 --right-of DisplayPort-0"

and for 1280x1024 in the thinstation.conf MAC\GROUP

USE_XRANDR=true
XRANDR_OPTIONS="--output DisplayPort-0 --mode 1280x1024 --output DVI-0 --mode 1280x1024 --right-of DisplayPort-0"

Only thing that did not work was the DVI\VGA splitter on the Thin client (worked in Windows). I had to use Displayport and DVI connectors wich are only available on the newer models. Xrandr does not see the splitted VGA.