Setting up compile environment

Ross Walker

I was hoping to take more control over our thinstation deployment and wanted to know what is the best environment for compiling new kernels and packages.

Right now I use CentOS 6 64-bit, but I'm guessing the tool chain is probably too old to compile CRUX effectively, not to mention a pain to cross compile 32-bit on 64.

Also I assume this would be done in chroot environment, is there a write-up somewhere on this?

-Ross

Re: Setting up compile environment

Michael K-2
Thinstation 5.1 works fine on a CentOS 6 64-bit environment. It's not too old for compiling the CRUX toolchain used there.
I can't say the same for Thinstation 6 as its glibc is set for 2.6.39 or later at the moment, which may be worth changing. Or take the risk and use the non-standard kernel releases with CentOS.