Sleep Timer - Session Start

Motech09
Quick question: Is there a parameter that allows you to delay or set a timer for programs that are set with SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=On?

I have TN5250 set up to launch automatically on startup and connect to our AS400 system (which works great) but when the power flickers the thin client(s) reboot and then TS loads so fast that it out runs the AS400 back end and thus the AS400 session is not ready to be reconnected to --- if this makes any sense.

So, I think I need to set a delay of 45 seconds or so.

I searched the sample config and haven't found anything yet.

Re: Sleep Timer - Session Start

Michael K-2
Create script /etc/rc5.d/S99sleep that calls 'sleep 45'
I'm fairly certain that there isn't an option.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Motech09 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Quick question: Is there a parameter that allows you to delay or set a timer
for programs that are set with SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=On?

I have TN5250 set up to launch automatically on startup and connect to our
AS400 system (which works great) but when the power flickers the thin
client(s) reboot and then TS loads so fast that it out runs the AS400 back
end and thus the AS400 session is not ready to be reconnected to --- if this
makes any sense.

So, I think I need to set a delay of 45 seconds or so.

I searched the sample config and haven't found anything yet.

Re: Sleep Timer - Session Start

Motech09
Interesting, I'm not familiar with runlevel folders, etc so I will do some researching.  So, any script that you toss into these folders are included into the build?  I will give this a try.  Thanks.