Sound from PC Speaker on HP 7800-8200 models

Sound from PC Speaker on HP 7800-8200 models

Terry Crossin
Hi all,

I have a number of different PCs that I have converted to Thinstation 5.1, and they are connecting to an ICA application. These work well mostly, except for sound through the PC speaker on most of the models (even though they have an inbuilt PC speaker)

Some of the models I have are:

Dell G520 -        Audio works fine through the PC speaker
HP DC7800 -      Audio does not work at all through the PC speaker, but work fine from the audio jack, using snd-hda-intel
HP DC7900 -      Audio does not work at all through the PC speaker, but work fine from the audio jack, using snd-hda-intel
HP 8000 Elite -   Audio does not work at all through the PC speaker, but work fine from the audio jack, using snd-hda-intel

I have tried adding the pcspkr module, but as this was for 2.2 I did not expect this to work.

We have a large number of workstations, and buying external speakers is not really an option. How else could I enable audio through the inbuilt speaker?

Thanks,

Terry

Re: Sound from PC Speaker on HP 7800-8200 models

arnoldmoreno
Terry,

Were you able to get a solution for this?  We have a bunch of HP 7900s and HP 8000s that need sound.

Does this mean that a kernel build has to occur?

Thanks,
Arnold