The system was not able to go graphical

Sergio Mesquita
Hello guys!

I have I thinstation HP t510, and also Fujitsu TCS100.

On HP I cannot start the session, give me this error.

On Fujitsu I can start the session, but when I try to change screen resolution appear this error.

Can I have some help?

Thanks,
Sérgio Mesquita

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Don Cupp
Which xorg drivers did you include?
Which modules, firmware?

Sergio Mesquita
build.conf Hello Don! I added my build.conf to this post. Also when I compile I use the option ./build --allmodules. On Xorg I only have commented Nvidia x64, the other are uncommented. About firmware, how can I add old firrmware. On version 2.2.2f this works fine. Thanks for the help.

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Sergio Mesquita
Hello Don!

After a lot os tests nothing works.

In the past version, we have this file
/packages/base/bin/start-session

In this file, I added this litle script, so the users before start session can chose screen resulotion, can I do the same for this version?

echo -e "\n\nWelcome to Thinstation Linux $TS_VERSION"
echo

echo "Choose Resolution:"
echo "1) 800x600"
echo "2) 1024x768"
echo "3) 1280x800"
read ANSWER
case $ANSWER in
        1)
        echo SCREEN_RESOLUTION=800x600 >> $TS_RUNTIME
        ;;
        2)
        echo SCREEN_RESOLUTION=1024x768 >> $TS_RUNTIME
        ;;
        3)
        echo SCREEN_RESOLUTION=1280x800 >> $TS_RUNTIME
        ;;

esac

Best Regards

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Sergio Mesquita
Hello Don!

Some help please?

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Humulus
Sergio Mesquita <sergio.mesquitaa@...> writes:

> Some help please?

Hi Sergio,

Are you using a window manager?
I'm using XFWM4 and changed /build/packages/xfwm4/etc/xfwm4.functions:
Before the line:
 if is_enabled $MENU_SHOWABOUT; then
Add:
 if is_enabled $MENU_SHOWRES; then
  echo "        <Filename>xfce4-display-settings.desktop</Filename>"
>>$menufile
 fi

Then in thinstation.conf:
MENU_SHOWRES=on
to show a menu-item where a user can change the resolution

regards,
Ruud

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Sergio Mesquita
Hello Ruud! I´m using icewm. The ideia it´s before the machine Start the user can change choose the display settings. In version 2.2.2 we have a file with name Session-Start! But on this version I don´t find them! I have some older Dell, if I don´t fix the Screen Resolution, the Machine don´t start up. I believe this problem occur because of Xorg Drivers on newer version.

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Don Cupp
I just rolled back the kernel from the experimental 4.1.x to the latest long term support kernel 3.18.20. Please try with this kernel, there have been several reports of issues with the 4.x series.

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:24 AM, Sergio Mesquita <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Ruud! I´m using icewm. The ideia it´s before the machine Start the user can change choose the display settings. In version 2.2.2 we have a file with name Session-Start! But on this version I don´t find them! I have some older Dell, if I don´t fix the Screen Resolution, the Machine don´t start up. I believe this problem occur because of Xorg Drivers on newer version.

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Sergio Mesquita
Hi Don!

Could you please give me the link to download the newer version?

Thanks,
Sèrgio Mesquita

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Don Cupp
If you are using DevStation, just do a factory reset. If using git, clean_chroot, then git pull, setup_chroot. Archive, just download it again.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Re: The system was not able to go graphical

Sergio Mesquita
Hello Don!

Just rebuild all my images!

Steal the same issue!

How can I install old xorg drivers?

Also I have a very old machines, Optiplex Dell G1.

With this version don´t start up.

Start download the image and crashes!

What Can I do more?

Realy I have almost 400 old computers, and need to change the image, because start using vmware view.

Can I add this vmware horizon to older versions (version 2.2.2f) works fine!