Thinstation 5.2: Wrong order of init scripts (hostname/network)

Thinstation 5.2: Wrong order of init scripts (hostname/network)

Stefano Ceccherini
Hi.
We boot our terminals with thinstation via PXE.
We set up a thinstation.hosts file in the tftp server to assign hostnames to the thin clients.
I'm currently testing Thinstation 5.2 before updating (we are running a mix of 2.2.2. and 5.1 at the moment) and I noticed that the hostnames are not set correctly.
I noticed that the script which sets the hostname has been scorporated from the network_files script, but the order in which these scripts are called is wrong. Currently the hostname script is called before network_files (S14hostname vs S15network_files), but it needs to be called after, since it uses files created in the former.
If I call the hostname script manually, after boot, the hostname is set correctly.

Bye and thanks for your work.

Re: Thinstation 5.2: Wrong order of init scripts (hostname/network)

Stefano Ceccherini

Hi.
We boot our terminals with thinstation via PXE.
We set up a thinstation.hosts file in the tftp server to assign hostnames to the thin clients.
I'm currently testing Thinstation 5.2 before updating (we are running a mix of 2.2.2. and 5.1 at the moment) and I noticed that the hostnames are not set correctly.
I noticed that the script which sets the hostname has been scorporated from the network_files script, but the order in which these scripts are called is wrong. Currently the hostname script is called before network_files (S14hostname vs S15network_files), but it needs to be called after, since it uses files created in the former.
If I call the hostname script manually, after boot, the hostname is set correctly.

Just an update: I renamed S14hostname to S16hostname and the hostname was then set correctly.
Bye!