Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

subsequent
Hello.

I'm sucssesfully booting Thinstation of my local emmcdrive witch is mounted as /dev/mmcblk0p1 in thinstation.
Ive got it to work with squashfs and everything. But i would like to get it to work with fastboot, but i cant seem to get it to work.

The emmc disk is formated with FAT32 and directory tree is like this:

boot\initrd
boot\vmlinuz
boot\lib.squash
boot\syslinux\  <--- syslinuxstuff

It boots to syslinux loads vmlinuz and then initrd but then it crases with the /sbin/agetty loop. I can see that it cant find the lib.squash file. Im beginnig to think that this has something to do with the emmc drive not mounting as /dev/sda1

could this be the case?

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

Don Cupp
Fastboot expects to find the lib.squash in /boot. You will need to get your mmc mounted to that point before the Fastboot
Script starts. I typically use volume labels, and I think by default there is already a mount set for a label of boot to mount to /boot

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

subsequent
Thanks for taking the time to answer Don.

The thing is I do use volume labels.

in thinstation.conf.buildtime i have the BIND_MOUNT0="boot:/boot" and the mmcblk0p1 is labled as "boot". But i still cant get it to work.

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

Do you have automount or udisks package?

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

subsequent
I have the automount package.

Maybe the usb driver is starting later than fastboot?

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

Don Cupp
The fastboot code does not kick in till after the hardware detection and mounting have run. Is the mmc card ever actually mounted? put in a DEBUGPAUSE

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

subsequent
Not at work right now getting a little late over here in Norway. I will add the param tomorrow and do some more research. Thanks for the help so far.

Will update this post tomorrow when I find out some more.

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

subsequent
This post was updated on .
When in debugmode i can see that my mmcblk0p1 is not mounted.

Should i be able to find the mmc card  in "(none)/dev/mmblk0p1"? If so i cant see it there, not in the "/mnt/union/dev" either.

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

You should be able to mount the card, if you cant, you might be missing a module. cat /proc/partitions to see a list of mountable partitions

When in debugmode i can see that my mmcblk0p1 is not mounted.

Should i be able to find the mmc card  in "(none)/dev/mmblk0p1"? If so i
cant see it there not in the "/mnt/union/dev" either.

Re: Thinstation 5.3 Fastboot on /dev/mmcblk0p1

subsequent
I´m not sure why it wouldn´t mount but something was probably missing.

I reinstalled devstation on a new VM 5.4.2 built a new image with fastboot and got it to work. Now i see /dev/mmcblk0p1 and i was able to mount it to /boot so it can find lib.squash

Thanks for helping me out here Don, learnt alot about thinstation/linux in the process.