Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

julek123
Hi,

I have created an image (Thinstation 5.4.2) with package locale-de_DE (German).

The keyboard layout DE is working, but opening a file (with special characters like ä̈,ü etc) from my USB thumb drive creates an error message. The special characters are displayed as question marks.

I've tested it with RDS and Citrix.

Could someone help me? Or did anybody else had the same problem?

Regards

Julek123

Re: Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

Don Cupp
What happens if you open the file in the chroot environment?

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:14 AM, julek123 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have created an image (Thinstation 5.4.2) with package locale-de_DE
(German).

The keyboard layout DE is working, but opening a file (with special
characters like ä̈,ü etc) from my USB thumb drive creates an error message.
The special characters are displayed as question marks.

I've tested it with RDS and Citrix.

Could someone help me? Or did anybody else had the same problem?

Regards

Julek123

A lightning fast message from Yahoo Mail. Get it now
On Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:14 AM, julek123 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I have created an image (Thinstation 5.4.2) with package locale-de_DE
(German).

The keyboard layout DE is working, but opening a file (with special
characters like ä̈,ü etc) from my USB thumb drive creates an error message.
The special characters are displayed as question marks.

I've tested it with RDS and Citrix.

Could someone help me? Or did anybody else had the same problem?

Regards

Julek123

Re: Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

julek123
How can I do that?

Regards  Julek123

Re: Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

julek123
I've done it!
Under chroot I see a question mark instead of ü, ä, etc

Re: Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

julek123

this error only happens at ts-classic package.

It would be great if anybody has an idea how to manage.

Thanks and best regards

Julek

Re: Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

Petry Roman, SHS-S IT-TS
We had also those issues with usb thumb drives and we changed the mount option to include or force utf8.

USB_MOUNT_OPTIONS="utf8,shortname=win95"

Bye
roman

this error only happens at ts-classic package.

It would be great if anybody has an idea how to manage.

Thanks and best regards

Julek

Mobile security can be enabling, not merely restricting. Employees who bring their own devices (BYOD) to work are irked by the imposition of MDM restrictions. Mobile Device Manager Plus allows you to control only the apps on BYO-devices by containerizing them, leaving personal data untouched!

Re: Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

julek123
Thank you so much for your help! It´s working fine!!!

Thanks and best regards.

Julek

Re: Thinstation 5.4.3 Germany

Андрій Варцаб'юк
Hi! I have same problem (??? in chroot). How did you decide that?