Thinstation 5.4 - Networkproblem

Kim Maier
Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm looking for a way/option to switch desktop computers to thinclients.

The thinclients should perform one task only.
They should boot from the local HDD and open a connection via RDesktoP to virtual machines.

To implement it, I would like to use Thinstation.
So, I installed DevStation in Version 5.4 on HDD. I got an IP-address and it all works fine.
With this computer I created a new build (with default settings) and installed it on a second HDD.

When I boot from the second HDD, I get no IP-address. I noticed that Thinstation can´t find the MAC-address of the LAN-card.
I assume that the driver for the network-card is missing, but I don´t know how to fix that problem.

Would you please help me?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Kim Joel Maier

Re: Thinstation 5.4 - Networkproblem

Don Cupp
The kernel has a lot of drivers 80mb+, but a typical PC only needs about 3mb worth of modules. You will need to figure out which 3mb though, so please follow the directions at the top of build.conf and the getting started guide to fingerprint your pc(s) for their module needs.