Thinstation 5 resolution

trentasis
Hi,

We have detected that in some screen_resolution we have problem, for example if we configure 800x600 works perfect, but smae machine we config 1280x1024 we receive a strange resolution 1366x768.
In xorg file appear different resolution for lvds1 with 1366x768 and vga1 with correct 1280x1024

Where is the problem? How can ensure that resolution is applied correctly in both devices, this machien only has a vga connection, and I don't know what is lvds...

Re: Thinstation 5 resolution

trentasis
Hi,

It work! Thanks for your information.

A last question, I have checked and this machien has a vga port (in use) an a HDMI port (no used). With extra_vid LVDS-1:d we are disabling hdmi port? If in the future we need to use hdmi and vga what can we do?

[...]

Yes, LVDS-1:d will disable hdmi. The most desirable solution to sometimes 1, sometimes both is write a detection routine, if it's possible.....otherwise, it's a kernel command line switch, remove it on machines that need both(local storage), make unique configuration files (pxe).

Re: Thinstation 5 resolution

trentasis
Thanks for all!