Thinstation / Citrix XenDesktop 7.6

IT

Thinstation / Citrix XenDesktop 7.6

IT
Hello,

We are currently running TS 5.2 and we connect to a published "Desktop" running on XenApp 6.5, it works great with a fairly simple thinstation.conf.buildtime:

SESSION_0_TYPE=ica
SESSION_0_TITLE="Desktop"
SESSION_0_ICA_SERVER=servername.domain.co.uk:8081
SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="Desktop"
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=On
SESSION_0_ICON=On

The business is moving to XenDesktop 7.6 (which uses a "Delivery Group" to publish the Desktop), it would appear it is not as simple as changing the server name and application name in the bulidtime file.

Has anyone got any ideas what I need to do to connect to a 7.6 Desktop?

Many Thanks
Jerry

-- Scanned by iCritical.

HCR Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 2046903. Registered Office: Belvedere House, 2 Basing View, Basingstoke, Hampshire, England, RG21 4HG. Telephone: +44 (0)1256 812700 Facsimile: +44 (0)1256 333043.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard e-mail, HCR Limited cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.

HCR Limited reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications and other telecommunications on its e-mail and telecommunications systems.

Re: Thinstation / Citrix XenDesktop 7.6

lsbit
‎Hello,

We use the Firefox in Kiosk mode within thinstation and the xd7.6 webinterface so everything ‎works great.

Regards
R. Bretschneider

Re: Thinstation / Citrix XenDesktop 7.6

Kirth Pavel

Hello,

I’m using this trick:

-          I made own custom package (copy from poff package)

-          I added this three commands to my script under /bin:

/opt/Citrix/ICAclient/util/storebrowse –a <https address of storefront>

/opt/Citrix/ICAclient/util/storebrowse –L <desktop_name> <https address of storefront>

/opt/Citrix/ICAclient/util/storebrowse –d <https address of storefront>

Explanation: first command ask for credentials and add storefront, second launch published desktop by its name and third remove storefront from memory (optional, for security).

Finally I have two session: first is desktop manager (xfwm4) with autostart=on, second is my custom package.

With this configuration is any user forced to specific application (explicitly defined desktop name), no one can select and lauch anything else.

Regards

Pavel.