Trouble with num lock and F-keys

Christoffer Dahl Petersen
Hi !

I have just installed TS 2.0Beta4 on a IBM laptop, it works perfect (almost).
I make a RDP connection to a Windows2003 Terminal server. When I select the rdp menu item in the thinstation menu it enables the num lock and disable the F-keys on my laptop. I can turn off the num lock again, but the num lock led doesn't turn off, but I can't enable the F-keys again.

I have installed exactly the same version on a HP laptop, but that doesn't turn on the num lock or disable the F-keys.
Any ideas why the IBM behave like that?

Regards

Christoffer

Re: Trouble with num lock and F-keys

Mike Eriksen
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Christoffer Dahl Petersen wrote:

> Hi !
>

> I have just installed TS 2.0Beta4 on a IBM laptop, it works perfect
> (almost).
> I make a RDP connection to a Windows2003 Terminal server. When I select
> the rdp menu item in the thinstation menu it enables the num lock and
> disable the F-keys on my laptop. I can turn off the num lock again, but
> the num lock led doesn't turn off, but I can't enable the F-keys again.
>
> I have installed exactly the same version on a HP laptop, but that
> doesn't turn on the num lock or disable the F-keys.
> Any ideas why the IBM behave like that?

Don't mess around with an old beta version. Get the newest stable (2.1.1)
and try with that one. If you still have problems, report back here.

Mike

--
Thinstation FAQ maintainer
http://thinstation.sourceforge.net