USB Redirection in remote-viewer/virt-viewer for Thinstation

USB Redirection in remote-viewer/virt-viewer for Thinstation

Jacob Green-2
Hello, I am excited to be trying out Thinstation, however I am trying to use it to connect to some spice enabled VMs and would like to be able to use USB redirection, however I get this error message when I click the button for it in remote-viewer "USB redirection support not compiled in"
I have also attached a screen shot. hope that is ok.

I know this is about Thinstation, so what I am trying to figure out is how do I add Spice UsbRedir to virt-viewer/remote-viewer in Thinstation? If anyone has done this before I would be super grateful to learn how.

usb_redir2.png (4M) Download Attachment

Fwd: USB Redirection in remote-viewer/virt-viewer for Thinstation

Jacob Green-2

Hello, I am excited to be trying out Thinstation, however I am trying to use it to connect to some spice enabled VMs and would like to be able to use USB redirection, however I get this error message when I click the button for it in remote-viewer "USB redirection support not compiled in"

I know this is about Thinstation, so what I am trying to figure out is how do I add Spice UsbRedir to virt-viewer/remote-viewer in Thinstation? If anyone has done this before I would be super grateful to learn how.

Re: USB Redirection in remote-viewer/virt-viewer for Thinstation

This was likely a compile time option, and the library needed for redirection was not available at that time. You will want to make a port for that library, install it, then recompile remote-viewer. Might refer to the Crux handbook for information.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone