USB installer for TS image

emuhuron
Is there an usb package "installer" for  my TS image?  I see the "installer" package which turns a system into a PXE server.  Is there a different package that will format the pc drive from usb bootup and install the needed files for my TS image to work?

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.

Re: USB installer for TS image

Don Cupp
mkmbrdrv

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, January 9, 2017, 7:29 AM, Brian Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there an usb package "installer" for  my TS image?  I see the "installer" package which turns a system into a PXE server.  Is there a different package that will format the pc drive from usb bootup and install the needed files for my TS image to work?

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
<a dir="ltr" href="tel:(734)%20374-1514" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="1">(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.

Re: USB installer for TS image

emuhuron
Thanks Don.  Just to make sure:  Does this script cause the OS image on the usb to be installed to the hard drive?  I'm going to pull the usb out after next boot and hope the pc boots to my new image (without usb boot)?  I'm reading the code and I don't see any "sda" reference to the pc hard drive.d

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Don Cupp <[hidden email]> wrote:
mkmbrdrv

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, January 9, 2017, 7:29 AM, Brian Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:

Is there an usb package "installer" for  my TS image?  I see the "installer" package which turns a system into a PXE server.  Is there a different package that will format the pc drive from usb bootup and install the needed files for my TS image to work?

Brian Koch
IT Dept
City of Taylor, MI
<a dir="ltr" href="tel:(734)%20374-1514" target="_blank">(734) 374-1514 or Ext. 7550 (internal use)
Please have a ticket put in if you need an issue resolved.

Re: USB installer for TS image

Don Cupp
You would have to pass arguments to the script telling it which drive (/dev/sd[a-z]) to initialize, and which folder from the usb drive(maybe root) that you want to be overlayed onto the new boot partitions.

mkgptdrv --help

should give you some syntax and examples.