VMware View , auto reload.

Sandeep.Pankhania

I was hoping to get a little guidance with my thinstation-vmware-view project.

I have setup DevStation and made some simple modifications to get a PXE booting thinstation client running with the view client auto starting. However, what I’d like is a few enhancements but my limited linux knowledge isn’t helping

-       Id like it so that when a user tries to close the client, it reopens, therefore creating a true one-app only experience for the user.

Essentially I’m looking for the behaviour that is in HorizonVM.iso, available on doncuppjr.net

I’m happy to do some looking around myself, I’ve played around with lines in build.conf and thinstation.conf.buildtime but haven’t quite got a seamless experience (best I had was client auto loading, connecting and on closing a reconnect dialog comes up)

Would appreciate any answers / pointers.

Sandeep

This email is private and confidential. If you received this email in error please delete it and notify us immediately and do not use, rely on, distribute or disclose it. Emails and their contents may be monitored for regulatory compliance, training, and other purposes. Emails are insecure and may contain viruses. We cannot accept responsibility for these risks.

Insight Investment is the corporate brand for the group of companies managed or administered by Insight Investment Management Limited. Insight Investment includes Insight Investment Management (Global) Limited (IIMG), Pareto Investment Management Limited (PIML), Cutwater Asset Management Corp (CAMC) and Cutwater Investor Services Corp (CISC), each of which provides asset management services. This group of companies may be referred to as ‘Insight’ or ‘Insight Investment’. In the United Kingdom the business of Insight is conducted by IIMG, Insight Investment Funds Management Limited and PIML, which are registered in England (Nos. 00827982, 01835691 and 03169281 respectively). These companies’ registered office is 160 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4LA. These companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. In the United States the services of Insight are offered by PIML, Pareto New York LLC, CISC and CAMC under the brand name Insight Investment. In Australia the business of Insight is conducted using the brand name ‘Insight Pareto’ by Pareto Australia Pty Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (Licence No. 230541), and registered in Australia (ABN 69 076 812 381). Services in Australia are also carried out by PIML and IIMGL, and each is exempt from the requirement to hold an Australian Financial Services licence in respect of the financial services it provides to wholesale investors in Australia and is authorised and regulated by the (UK) Financial Conduct Authority under UK laws, which differ from Australian laws. In Canada the services of Insight are offered by PIML and IIMG. In Japan the services of Insight are offered by PIML.

Re: VMware View , auto reload.

Michael K-2
If you defined it as a SESSION with AUTOSTART, it should do this already.
If you started it through another mechanism, possibly not, though 'pkg auto vmview' would usually do the trick.
What happens when the client ends is controlled by the variable RECONNECT_PROMPT in thinstation.conf.*.  Default prompts yes or no, but you can also use force or menu or auto (or off).

You might want to take a look at build/conf/vmviewpcoip* directories.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 6:04 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Michael

I’m using SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on and currently RECONNECT_PROMPT is set to auto, I do believe I experimented with other reconnect options but perhaps I should revisit.

Build.conf - pretty standard

http://pastebin.com/dNBVbi5Y

thinstation.conf.buildtime

http://pastebin.com/tqP4NcZB