Quantcast

VNC Server doesn't start

David Pollard

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to make a connection to my thinstation client using VNC

I get a connection refused message in the VNC client.

I understand that this generally happens if the service is not listening for incoming connections.

Standard telnet is working so it isn’t network related.

I  have the following lines enabled in build.conf  (I promise I will change the password)

package xorg7vnc                # Remote Control Client Workstation

param xorgvncpasswd  pleasechangeme

I see the following error in the VNC server log which indicates why the VNC server didn’t start.

It seems to be related to a missing password file however from the other posts I have read the build process should create this file.

ts_0023ae8163c2:/var/log# more x11vnc

Enter VNC password: stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device

fgets: No such file or directory

stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device

x11vnc -usepw: could not find a password to use.

Any ideas what I’m missing?

Thanks

David

Re: VNC Server doesn't start

David Pollard

I didn’t see this message appear on the mailing list.  I apologise if it is now a double post.

David