XKB config error

bon jovvvee
I am using Thinstation-2.2bata5 to connect to a
NoMachine server running on RedHat 4EL-AS. Connecting
to Gnome. I have no problem connecting to the server
from my desktop using nxclient. When I boot the the
thinstation cd to connect, I get a XKB error. The
keyboard works fine.

Error Message:

Error activating XKB configuration.
Probably internal X server problem.

X server version data:
TheXFree86 Project, Inc
40300000
You are using XFree 4.3.0.

If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb

Settings:
[root@local]# xprop -root | grep XKB
_XKB_RULES_NAMES_BACKUP(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc102",
"us", "", ""
_XKB_RULES_NAMES(STRING) = "xfree86", "pc102", "us",
"", ""

[root@local]# gconftool-2 -R
/desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard
 click_volume = 0
 click = true
 repeat = true
 rate = 30
 bell_custom_file = (no value set)
 delay = 500
 bell_pitch = 400
 bell_mode = on
 bell_duration = 100
 /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb:
  layouts = [us]
  model = pc105
  overrideSettings = false
  options = []
  update_handlers = []
 /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/xkb.sysbackup:
  layouts = [us]
  model = pc105
  options = []

xorg.conf on server:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

build.conf of thinstation:
package xorg6-vesa
package keymaps-en_us

thinstation.conf.buildtime:
KEYBOARD_MAP=en_us
X_DRIVEROPTION1="swcursor On"

I am not using the other config files for thinstation.
Any help solving this problems would be great.

Re: XKB config error

TrevorB
Quoting bon jovvvee <[hidden email]>:

> I am using Thinstation-2.2bata5 to connect to a
> NoMachine server running on RedHat 4EL-AS. Connecting
> to Gnome. I have no problem connecting to the server
> from my desktop using nxclient. When I boot the the
> thinstation cd to connect, I get a XKB error. The
> keyboard works fine.
>
> Error Message:
>
> Error activating XKB configuration.
> Probably internal X server problem.

Checking your logs during a local boot into Thinstation, you'll probably see the
same.

<<lots gone>>
> I am not using the other config files for thinstation.
> Any help solving this problems would be great.

What issues are you facing? What problems is it causing?

Trevor B