Quantcast

XTERM_CMD Purpose?

Motech09
What is the purpose of the XTERM_CMD in the thinstation.conf.buildtime? Can I use this to control how XTERM launches?

Re: XTERM_CMD Purpose?

Don Cupp

Yes, yes you can.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Motech09
What is the purpose of the XTERM_CMD in the thinstation.conf.buildtime? Can I
use this to control how XTERM launches?

Re: XTERM_CMD Purpose?

Motech09
That sounds like excellent news to me.  So... the line in the config is below:

XTERM_CMD="xfce4=terminal"

Does this mean that each time a terminal is called for a program to use (e.g. TN5250) then use xfce4-terminal by default?

Second question: Can I use XTERM_CMD="xterm -fa 'Monospace' -fs 16" in place of XFCE4-TERMINAL?

Thanks in advance.

Re: XTERM_CMD Purpose?

Don Cupp
Yes, and I think yes.
The default for xfwm is xfce4-ternminal, while the default for other WM's is
XTERM_CMD="xterm -fa mono -fs 12 -r -u8"

On Monday, September 19, 2016 8:25 AM, Motech09 <[hidden email]> wrote:

That sounds like excellent news to me.  So... the line in the config is
below:

*XTERM_CMD="xfce4=terminal"*

Does this mean that each time a terminal is called for a program to use
(e.g. TN5250) then use xfce4-terminal by default?

Second question: Can I use *XTERM_CMD="xterm -fa 'Monospace' -fs 16"* in
place of XFCE4-TERMINAL?

Thanks in advance.

Re: XTERM_CMD Purpose?

Motech09
Thanks a million, Don.  This is going to help me out a lot here at work.