Quantcast

XTERM Commands And TN5250

Motech09
I need to create some Dell Wyse thin clients that will boot straight into XTERM and launch TN5250 --- no desktop involved.

Below is what I THINK I would use in the configuration file:

SESSION_0_TYPE=xfwm4
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=Off
SESSION_0_SCREEN=1

SESSION_1_TYPE=XTERM
SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=ON
SESSION_1_XTERM_OPTIONS=" -fa monaco -fs 16 -bg black -fg green &"
SESSION_1_XTERM_OPTIONS="tn5250 eth100 env.DEVNAME=TMECLK5 -underscore -ruler env.TERM=IBM-5292-2"

Would the above launch XTERM with the font changes and then, with the options, launch TN5250?  I already know that XTERM will launch without a desktop which is excellent.

Thanks in advance

Re: XTERM Commands And TN5250

Motech09
Actually, the below would be the command to run within XTERM:

SESSION_1_XTERM_OPTIONS="tn5250 eth100 env.DEVNAME=TMECLK5 -underscore -ruler env.TERM=IBM-5292-2"

So, that would not work.

Hrmmm...

Re: XTERM Commands And TN5250

Motech09
Anyone have any idea on this?

My goal is to automatically launch TN5250 on startup (no desktop) and with the font size of the terminal set to 16 so that the TN5250 screen is larger than the default.

Re: XTERM Commands And TN5250

Motech09
Or, automatically launch XTERM (Options -fa monaco -fs 16 -bg black -fg green) and then launch TN5250 within that XTERM session.

How can I do this?