getting startet with thinstation; kernel invalid argument

getting startet with thinstation; kernel invalid argument

Julian Ohm
Hi

I'm new to thinstation and trying to get it working.

I installed the devstation image to a new machine. then activated
allmodules using start > DevStation > toggle AllModules. then used
toggle SMP to set UP kernel. Then clicked on build image. the image was
build an i tried to bootup my client. It found the pxe and shows

Thinstation Linux

after a while it shows

booting kernel failed: Invalid argument
boot:

then the client hangs

has someone an idea how to get it to work?

best regards
Julian

Re: getting startet with thinstation; kernel invalid argument

Don Cupp
Increase the amount of memory on the client.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 2:24 AM, Julian Ohm
Hi

I'm new to thinstation and trying to get it working.

I installed the devstation image to a new machine. then activated
allmodules using start > DevStation > toggle AllModules. then used
toggle SMP to set UP kernel. Then clicked on build image. the image was
build an i tried to bootup my client. It found the pxe and shows

Thinstation Linux

after a while it shows

booting kernel failed: Invalid argument
boot:

then the client hangs

has someone an idea how to get it to work?

best regards
Julian

Re: getting startet with thinstation; kernel invalid argument

Julian Ohm

hm okay. but isn't there  a way to decrease the needed amount of memory? these are little thinclients (IGEL 564-LX premium). I don't have memory chips to increase the amount of memory.

http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: getting startet with thinstation; kernel invalid argument

Don Cupp
Put less stuff in the image.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Julian Ohm