it is possible to connect 2 monitors / mice / keys?

it is possible to connect 2 monitors / mice / keys?

Alex Vihlyaev
Hello Thinstation-general,

  hi, it's possible to make double terminal with thinstation? can i use
  usb mouse / keyboards for it?

--
Best regards,
 Alex                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Re[2]: it is possible to connect 2 monitors / mice / keys?

TrevorB
On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 17:43 +0300, Alex Vihlyaev wrote:

> Hello Trevor,
>
> Thursday, September 8, 2005, 3:14:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 11:13 +0300, Alex Vihlyaev wrote:
> >> Hello Thinstation-general,
> >>
> >>   hi, it's possible to make double terminal with thinstation? can i use
> >>   usb mouse / keyboards for it?
>
> > Yes!
>

> So, what i must have for it? -)

Ah, you had such a short post I assumed you wanted a short answer.

Dual keyboard/mouse support is experimental in 2.1 and 2.2 at this
stage, but read the comments in the thinstation.conf.example file
(available via TS-O-Matic or as part of the downloaded build environment
- unfortunately the one on the documentation page is for 2.0 that
doesn't have this).

<extract>
#**** EXPERIMENTAL ****
# Dual Head Support
#
# This allows two seperate X sessions to be started with seperate input devices.  This allows
# effectively two seperate machines within the same PC.  You will need seperate screen cards
# to enable this.  It is best to use with 1 AGP card and 1 PCI card.

# Check out http://www.ltn.lv/~aivils/eng-video.html for a list of known compatable screen cards

# Input Device support should be:
#
# Primary mouse and keyboard PS/2
# Secondary mouse and keyboard USB
#
# There is some basic detection scripts for this, but these will need to be improved in TS 3.0.
# If thinstation doesn't detect both a USB keyboard and mouse it will default back to dual
# screen support, not dual head.
#
# This is not considered stable.  If you exit the session, or try to change to a console screen
# with Alt-F1 etc... it will probably crash the machine.  If it doesn't work with your hardware
# there is nothing that can be done about it.

# The kernel Advanced Power Management module is disabled when using dual screen as it causes the
# second screen to crash.

# Note the below option only supports 1-2, anything more than two won't work.  This is provided
# for future development, to create a machine with more than two seperate sessions.

# SESSION_#_SCREEN_POSITION 1-X When using dual screen support you can specify the position
#                               of each session.  This allows to seperate sessions to be on
#                               seperate screens.  If only 1 session is in use, this option will
#                               make no differnece.  You can specify between 1+ positions

</extract>

Trevor B