mount -t question

Miles Roper-2
Hi,

Trying to speed up my boot process on Thinstation.

I'm using

mount -t auto ....

which takes quite a while to go through the various supported filesystems before it finds the
correct one.  I know I can get around this with the likes of a

mount -t vfat:ext2:ext3 ....

but busybox mount doesn't seem to support this.  Any ideas how I can change the order of the modules
busybox mount tries to do?  Or even remove some types from it even trying.  Ie squashfs, I don't
want it to even try this filesystem type, but I need the module loaded as its my ramdisk.

Ideas?

Thanks

Miles

Re: mount -t question

Rob Landley
On Tuesday 06 September 2005 14:35, Miles Roper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to speed up my boot process on Thinstation.
>
> I'm using
>
> mount -t auto ....
>
> which takes quite a while to go through the various supported filesystems
> before it finds the correct one.  I know I can get around this with the
> likes of a
>
> mount -t vfat:ext2:ext3 ....
>
> but busybox mount doesn't seem to support this.  Any ideas how I can change
> the order of the modules busybox mount tries to do?

This is why /etc/filesystems exists; to do exactly that.

Rob