Quantcast

network manager and DHCP on STP enabled routers.

network manager and DHCP on STP enabled routers.

fly66
Greetings everybody,
it seems that spanning tree protocol is causing my thinclients to fail the first automatic connection to terminal server. I have to push the reconnect button and the connection succeeds. Using a cheap switch all goes fine, but this is not suitable in my company environment. I think that dhcp goes in background and when freerdp tries to connect to the server, the network card doesn't have an IP address. I tried the NET_DHCP_DELAY option but seems not working. I tried also (from http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/5-4-ts-classic-package-and-DHCP-on-STP-enabled-routers-td25844.html):

sed -e "s/-R -b -t/-R -t/g" -i build/packages/autonet/etc/udev/scripts/net.sh

before compiling, but nothing changed. Thinstation is v5.5.

On a running thinclient command:

grep NET_ thinstation.defaults

gives:

NET_BASE_NAME="thinstation"
NET_DHCP_DELAY=0
NET_DHCP_TIMEOUT=3
NET_DHCP_RETRY=3
NET_LINKWAIT=12
NET_USE=BOTH
NET_IPV6_MODE=disabled
NET_USE=LAN
NET_USE_DHCP=on
NET_DHCP_DELAY=30
NET_DHCP_TIMEOUT=30
NET_LINKWAIT=30
NET_DHCP_RETRY=3
NET_HOSTNAME=257TC001
NET_TELNETD_ENABLED=on
NET_TIME_SERVER=it.pool.ntp.org
NET_REMOTE_ACCESS_FROM="0.0.0.0"

I noticed that some lines are duplicated but I don't know if this could be an issue.

Thanks,
Flavio

Re: network manager and DHCP on STP enabled routers.

Don Cupp
Networkmanager, or autonet?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, November 7, 2016, 3:10 AM, fly66 <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Network manager... in effect I made a mistake applying your patch that was for autonet... sorry but I understood this after your response...

Thanks,
Flavio

Re: network manager and DHCP on STP enabled routers.

djn@digitaliservices.com
You need to configure the switch ports that connect to your thinstation as an edge port. That will cause the port to go straight into forwarding without going through the STP process.

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 4:37 AM, fly66 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Greetings everybody,
> it seems that spanning tree protocol is causing my thinclients to fail the
> first automatic connection to terminal server. I have to push the reconnect
> button and the connection succeeds. Using a cheap switch all goes fine, but
> this is not suitable in my company environment. I think that dhcp goes in
> background and when freerdp tries to connect to the server, the network card
> doesn't have an IP address. I tried the NET_DHCP_DELAY option but seems not
> working. I tried also (from
> http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/5-4-ts-classic-package-and-DHCP-on-STP-enabled-routers-td25844.html):
>
> sed -e "s/-R -b -t/-R -t/g" -i
> build/packages/autonet/etc/udev/scripts/net.sh
>
> before compiling, but nothing changed. Thinstation is v5.5.
>
> On a running thinclient command:
>
> grep NET_ thinstation.defaults
>
> gives:
>
> NET_BASE_NAME="thinstation"
> NET_DHCP_DELAY=0
> NET_DHCP_TIMEOUT=3
> NET_DHCP_RETRY=3
> NET_LINKWAIT=12
> NET_USE=BOTH
> NET_IPV6_MODE=disabled
> NET_USE=LAN
> NET_USE_DHCP=on
> NET_DHCP_DELAY=30
> NET_DHCP_TIMEOUT=30
> NET_LINKWAIT=30
> NET_DHCP_RETRY=3
> NET_HOSTNAME=257TC001
> NET_TELNETD_ENABLED=on
> NET_TIME_SERVER=it.pool.ntp.org
> NET_REMOTE_ACCESS_FROM="0.0.0.0"
>
> I noticed that some lines are duplicated but I don't know if this could be
> an issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Flavio

Re: network manager and DHCP on STP enabled routers.

Jörgen Eriksson

Disable STP on client facing ports, causes all kind of problems

/Jorgen

Re: network manager and DHCP on STP enabled routers.

fly66
It works!

Thank you for your amazing support in real time!

Flavio.

Re: network manager and DHCP on STP enabled routers.

fly66
This post was updated on .
Thanks djn, I didn't see your response: I tried the Don Cupp solution and it works perfectly. I think your solution works too, but I'm not allowed to change the switches configurations of my company.

Flavio