Quantcast

networkmanager and hidden SSID's

Dewayne

I’m having an issue where networkmanager will not auto connect to a hidden SSID after booting up. Broadcasted SSID’s work fine but unfortunately our networking department configured our service wlan using a hidden SSID and I do not have any control over it… I can trigger the connection after boot using the saved profile in networkmanager:

nmcli c up id <ssid>

Has anyone run into this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dewayne

Re: networkmanager and hidden SSID's

Dewayne

I ended up adding the nmcli connect command to the S13NetworkManager initialization script which worked. It’s going to limit me in the future for any other hidden networks but it gets the job done for now. I’ll start playing around with autonet.

Thanks,

Dewayne