persistent TS data

John Friend
Dear All

AFAIK, stateless opration is the main logic of TS. The whole world established from scratch on every boot. I wonder if there is any ready to use mechanism or anybody have experience on persistency of some data. For example, keeping the Firefox history or saved passwords etc. Persistency can be extended to keep runtime data of many other packages which are not available on next boot.

What would be the best way to automaticly save predefined set of data to tftp server on per device base and restoring them back on every boot.

John

Re: persistent TS data

Mike Eriksen-2
Yes, just set STORAGE_PATH.

Mike

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:59 AM, John Friend <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> AFAIK, stateless opration is the main logic of TS. The whole world
> established from scratch on every boot. I wonder if there is any ready to
> use mechanism or anybody have experience on persistency of some data. For
> example, keeping the Firefox history or saved passwords etc. Persistency can
> be extended to keep runtime data of many other packages which are not
> available on next boot.
>
> What would be the best way to automaticly save predefined set of data to
> tftp server on per device base and restoring them back on every boot.
>
> John

Operator of the Danish TS-O-Matic.
http://thinstation.org
Thinstation consultant for hire - payable via PayPal