printing from firefox to a server shared printer

printing from firefox to a server shared printer

dino muzic
hi,
I would like to print from TS running firefox to a
server
shared printer. Server box is a dedicated print-server
machine running suse linux with local (USB) attached
printers.
Which packages do I need and how can I set up all this
stuff?
thanks
dino muzic

Re: printing from firefox to a server shared printer

Mike Eriksen
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, dino muzic wrote:

> hi,
> I would like to print from TS running firefox to a
> server
> shared printer. Server box is a dedicated print-server
> machine running suse linux with local (USB) attached
> printers.
> Which packages do I need and how can I set up all this
> stuff?
> thanks
> dino muzic

Firefox uses the Xprint printing system which isn't supported by
Thinstation at present.

Mike
--
Thinstation FAQ maintainer
http://thinstation.sourceforge.net

Re: printing from firefox to a server shared printer

cdmiller
dino muzic wrote:

> hi,
> I would like to print from TS running firefox to a
> server
> shared printer. Server box is a dedicated print-server
> machine running suse linux with local (USB) attached
> printers.
> Which packages do I need and how can I set up all this
> stuff?
> thanks
> dino muzic

To IP print from firefox, we built our own package with a newer firefox,
currently we use 1.0.6.  Then include the Thinstation LPRng package and
point it at your print server.  The firefox builds from newer releases
are larger than the old firefox 1.0 thinstation package.  We are running
Thinstation 2.2 beta 3.

Our mozconfig for the firefox build in the 2.1 build environment:

. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/fb-opt-static
ac_add_options --x-includes=/source/x.org-R6.8.1/include
ac_add_options --x-libraries=/source/x.org-R6.8.1/lib
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-Os -mcpu=i586"
ac_add_options --enable-static
ac_add_options --disable-shared
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-crypto
ac_add_options --enable-strip-libs
ac_add_options --enable-postscript
ac_add_options --enable-single-profile
ac_add_options --with-libIDL-prefix=/usr/local
ac_add_options --with-ft-prefix=/usr/local
ac_add_options --prefix=/opt/firefox

- cameron