Quantcast

re: sound card clarification

Erich Roos
Hi Sithi,

I experienced this audio problem (sound from wts playing too fast) with
all AC97 based motherboards that I tried until now. But unfortunately I
don't have a list of affected chip sets, thus I cannot help you out,
sorry. Until now I know that Intel i810 and its compatibles like SiS
7012 are affected, and I heard the same about VIA, but I'm not sure
about that.

I never used microphones with a thin client, and I'm not even sure
whether it's really possible. But I expect it to be rather annoying, if
you find that same transmission delay of 3...4 seconds (or even more)
with microphones that speakers have.

Regards

Erich