Quantcast

smbmount TS 5.4

NoreiT
Hi all,
probably I just missed something, but I need help.
I tried to use package samba-client to mount smb share to TS. I did some changes in
packages/netfiles/etc/init.d/filesystem_network

by http://thinstation.4464.n7.nabble.com/TS-5-4-smbmount-doesn-t-work-td25692.html to reflect samba user password. But I have problem that smbmount isnt executed after start.

When I do manually on command line
mkdir /mnt/smb
mount -t cifs -o user=$NET_SMB_USER,password=$NET_SMB_PASSWORD $NET_SMB_SERVER /mnt/smb

samba is mounted succesfully. But not automaticaly after restart.

Are you able to help me? Do I haveto have some other parameter in thinstation.conf to start this script?

Thanks in advance
NoreiT

Re: smbmount TS 5.4

NoreiT
Seems like that if I write SMB parameters into buildtime, it works fine. If parameters are downloaded from tftp (thinstation.conf.network) it doesnt work. Is it somehow solvable?

Re: smbmount TS 5.4

Андрей
Hey there.

Show your configs.

Does anyone know how to fix slow video/image rendering on i915/gm45? Thinstation 5.5-stable, works via RDP.

Thanks anyway.

Четверг, 4 мая 2017, 16:58 +03:00 от NoreiT <[hidden email]>:

Seems like that if I write SMB parameters into buildtime, it works fine. If
parameters are downloaded from tftp (thinstation.conf.network) it doesnt
work. Is it somehow solvable?

С уважением,
Андрей.

Re: smbmount TS 5.4

If you're using NetworkManager and not autonet, you might need to tell it to wait for a connection.
/etc/init.d/filesystem_network looks like it would run before /etc/init.d/network_files, where the latter would be where you get the thinstation.conf.network, I think.  You might want to go into the netfiles package and change etc/rc2.d for filesystem_network to S16.

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 8:55 AM, NoreiT <[hidden email]> wrote:
Seems like that if I write SMB parameters into buildtime, it works fine. If
parameters are downloaded from tftp (thinstation.conf.network) it doesnt
work. Is it somehow solvable?

Re: smbmount TS 5.4

NoreiT
That should be it, I noticed filesystem_network is executed before tftp config is pulled. I will try to change rc2.d. Thanks for way to do it.