Quantcast

tftpd

Julian Ohm

Hi

I’m still trying with thinstation. I still have some problems. So my clients can’t connect to the tftpd to get the bootfile. In the dhcp I setup the nextserver with the ip of my devstation  and /boot/pxelinux/pxelinux.0

I made an all module build after that I tried to boot the clients but nothing happens. I had a look at the devastation terminal using ps aux | grep tftpd but I get no running tftpd. I tried to start the /etc/init.d/tftpd but it won’t start.

Has someone an idea?

Best regards

Julian Ohm

Re: tftpd

Julian Ohm

Ok after rebooting the behaviour changes. Now I see the dhcp request. Getting an ip address and the gateway. After that normally the tftp/pxe boot is shown but now nothing happens.

Just hanging on this screen. No timeout or something else

Re: tftpd

David Pollard

Hi Julian,

Is your client and server on the same subnet?

If not I’d test on the same subnet first.  If that works then the problem is on your router.

I followed this article that got me over some of My configuration problems.

https://virtuallymikebrown.com/2015/02/23/how-to-build-thinstation-thin-client-images-and-exploring-config-files-part-ii/

Hope this helps

David

Ok after rebooting the behaviour changes. Now I see the dhcp request. Getting an ip address and the gateway. After that normally the tftp/pxe boot is shown but now nothing happens.

Just hanging on this screen. No timeout or something else

Re: tftpd

Osvaldo Marques Junior
HI Julian,

I know how hard is to start such a project with so many doubts; after all, there are several subsystems involved just to start tftpd; looking at the internet, I found an article about configuring a tftp server taking care of all the alternatives you can find on your server system.
The address is <https://linuxlink.timesys.com/docs/linux_tftp>.

Any questions feel free to ask. I use this resources since 2003.

Good luck and best regards,

Osvaldo.

reports.http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev