Quantcast

thinstation.conf.user on usb bootable

buby
Hello,  hello to everyone, i am pretty new if thinistation, but i have some problem, i did try to search and followe many guide but i not been able to find a solutin to my problem
so what is my problem?
i did create with  the TS-5.5.1-Installer-0627 ( installed on a virtualmachine) the image with enalbed jsut few option like freerdp and some hardware module. (well config file is almsot the default one) than i wrote that inmg to my usb  , i did try on a computer and it was booting without problem, than i create the file
/thinstation.profile/thinstation.conf.user on that bootable usb, i copied this file somehwere from internet but i not sure is complete, btw when i boot the thinistation it look like this file is ignored
what can be?
thanks to everyone

Re: thinstation.conf.user on usb bootable

buby
after many try i did reach this result ... if i boot from pxe the usb is mounted on right time and it read the conf file...
if i boot from usb during boot it say it can not find the conf file on usb but if i check under /usb/usbdevice/.. at the end of boot the file is there :/

Re: thinstation.conf.user on usb bootable

dashbog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: thinstation.conf.user on usb bootable

Tom Duffy-2
For me, the settings that work in 5.5:

build.conf:

module usb-storage
module autofs4
module vfat
package ts-classic
package automount
package udisks

thinstation.conf.buildtime:

USB_ENABLED=ON
USB_STORAGE_SYNC=ON
STORAGE_PATH=/mnt/usbdevice/sda1
USB_MOUNT_USELABEL=NO
STORAGE_CONFIG1=$STORAGE_PATH       <- needed.

This reads in thinstation.conf.user from the boot USB media which
is shows up as
/mnt/usbdevice/sda1/thinstation.profile/thinstation.conf.user

If I removed ts-classic, things changed too much and I couldn't
get it to work.
I keep the screen resolution settings in this file, e.g.
XRANDR_OPTIONS="-s 1024x768 -o 0"
I wanted my devices to have the ability to rotate the display
180 degrees and hang it upside down under a shelf, etc -
auto detection of the monitor won't help there.

---
Tom

On 11/18/2016 3:41 AM, dashbog wrote:
Hi!

I have the same situation with usb boot. Maybe usb mounts after Thinstation
reads all config files. Thats why it cant find user config on usb.

How did you solve this problem? I really need to make Thinstation read
thinstation.conf.user from usb during usb boot.

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and its contents, including any attachments hereto (collectively, "this e-mail"), is hereby designated as "confidential and proprietary." This e-mail may be viewed and used only by the person to whom it has been sent and his/her employer solely for the express purpose for which it has been disclosed and only in accordance with any confidentiality or non-disclosure (or similar) agreement between TEAC Corporation or its affiliates and said employer, and may not be disclosed to any other person or entity.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: thinstation.conf.user on usb bootable

dusty2006
I'm having the same kind of issue. I have wiped the HDD on the machine and have the thinstation.conf.user located on /media/THINSTATION. (You'll have to bear with me as I am not a linux guru by anymeans).

In my thinstation.conf.buildtime i have the following config:

STORAGE_CONFIG1=/media/THINSTATION

When I check the boot.log after boot it still complains it can't find mnt/storage. I have also tried the following:

STORAGE_CONFIG1=/dev/sdb
=/dev/sdb1
=/dev/sdb/part1

NO matter what I place here the boot.log never shows it trying to read the .user file from a different location.  PLEASE HELP I'm beating my head against the wall, I spent 8 hours testing/troubleshooting this today
Dusty