thinstation.conf.user

Roger Helgesen

I boot from a SD card and like to put user specific conf in thinstation.conf.user

In thinstation.conf.buildtime I’v set

STORAGE_PATH=/mnt/usbdevice/sda1

STORAGE_CONFIG4=/mnt/usbdevice/sda1

(should both be set ?)

And I’v made a dir ‘thinstation.profile’ with ‘thinstation.conf.user’ as content.

Thinstation boot fine, but settings from thinstatin.conf.user is not used. Settings set as default in thinstation.conf.buildtime.

I boot into a RDS screen, and username is the one set up in thinstation.conf.buildtime not thinstation.conf.user

Could anyone help me understand why settings from thinstation.conf.user is not read ?

Roger Helgesen.vcf (10K) Download Attachment

Re: thinstation.conf.user

Бляхман Владимир

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2883948&group_id=80408&atid=559678

Re: thinstation.conf.user

Mike Eriksen-2
2010/3/12 Бляхман Владимир <[hidden email]>

Depending on hardware much more than 3 seconds may be needed. My USB stick needs 6-7 seconds on an otherwise idle system.

Mike

I boot from a SD card and like to put user specific conf in thinstation.conf.user

In thinstation.conf.buildtime I’v set

STORAGE_PATH=/mnt/usbdevice/sda1

STORAGE_CONFIG4=/mnt/usbdevice/sda1

(should both be set ?)

And I’v made a dir ‘thinstation.profile’ with ‘thinstation.conf.user’ as content.

Thinstation boot fine, but settings from thinstatin.conf.user is not used. Settings set as default in thinstation.conf.buildtime.

I boot into a RDS screen, and username is the one set up in thinstation.conf.buildtime not thinstation.conf.user

Could anyone help me understand why settings from thinstation.conf.user is not read ?

Operator of the Danish TS-O-Matic.
http://thinstation.org
- a light, full featured linux based thin client OS

Re: thinstation.conf.user

buby
which was the problem, i think i have the same problem but sourceforge link is not valid :/

Re: thinstation.conf.user

Don Cupp
in the booted filesystem, make sure that /etc/thinstation.conf.user is linked to the right file.

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:34 AM, buby <[hidden email]> wrote:

which was the problem, i think i have the same problem but sourceforge link
is not valid :/

Re: thinstation.conf.user

buby
This post was updated on .
is the wrong one is attached to /root/thin....
inestead /mnt/usbdevice/boot/thi....  but usb is corretly mounted and config look corret too since in boot.log it look for the corret .user file but not found it even if path of file is all correct,
that why i supposed is some proble related to timing of mount,...
it look like the system search for the file before the usb is mounted but when system is up the path is correct