upgrading to ts 5.5

nivbehar
This post was updated on .
hello :)

im using ts 5.4.2 that i didnt managed to work properly with some of our monitors..
it doesnt identify the best resolution of the monitor.

i saw there is a new version of TS -5.5, so i built another image of ts5.5 that solved my resolution problems, but another problem came up:
when booting, ts will not find my tftp server.
i even tried to set NET_FILE_ALTERNATE=mytftpserver, and it didnt work - "cant get global configuration from()"
its like it didnt even try to get files from the tftp server.

my tftp works great with ts5.4.2.
edit: after not finding tftp server, it will boot fine, and will connect to the network. i can start rdesktop session without problems, so its not a network issue.

here is my buildtime:

SESSION_0_TYPE=xfwm4
SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=on

SESSION_1_TYPE=rdesktop
SESSION_1_AUTOSTART=off
SESSION_1_TITLE="sap-a"
#SESSION_1_SCREEN=2
SESSION_1_RDESKTOP_SERVER=st-tssap-a
SESSION_1_ICON=on

AUDIO_LEVEL=90
MIC_LEVEL=0
XFWM4_COMPOSITING=true
XFWM4_BRIGHTNESS="-33"
XFWM4_RED=0
XFWM4_GREEN=0
XFWM4_BLUE=0
XFWM4_START_POSITION="BOTTOM"
DESKTOP_ICON_SIZE=48
DESKTOP_FONT_SIZE=8
DESKTOP_SHOWTRASH=false
DEKSTOP_SHOWHOME=false
DESKTOP_SHOWREMOVEABLE=true
DESKTOP_SHOWFILESYSTEM=false
GTK_THEME=Xfce-4.6
XFWM4_THEME=Default
PANEL_PAGER=false
PANEL_USER=false
PANEL_REV_CLOCKSYSTRAY=true
ICONS_THEME="gnome"
ICONS_CUT_SIZES="256x256 scalable"
XTERM_CMD="xfce4-terminal"
NET_USE=BOTH
NET_USE_DHCP=on
NET_HOSTNAME=Thinstation_TEST_*
NET_TELNETD_ENABLED=ON
TIME_ZONE=Israel/Jerusalem
NET_TIME_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org
NET_REMOTE_ACCESS_FROM="0.0.0.0"
NET_FILE_ENABLED=on
NET_FILE_METHOD=tftp
TFTP_BLOCKSIZE=1024
BIND_MOUNT0="storage:/mnt/storage"
STORAGE_CONFIG1=/mnt/storage
USB_STORAGE_SYNC=on
LOCALE=en_US
MOUNT_0="LABEL=boot     /boot           auto    x-mount.mkdir,defaults  0       0"
MOUNT_1="LABEL=home     /root           auto    x-mount.mkdir,defaults  0       0"
MOUNT_2="LABEL=swap     swap            swap    defaults        0       0"

Regards,
Niv.

Re: upgrading to ts 5.5

nivbehar
Fixed after adding prefix to the following packages:

#package alsa
#package gnome-media
#package gnome-core
#package volumeicon
#package gst-plugins-base
#package gst-plugins-good

i dont really know which one caused the problem, but it works.