which flavour of linux distribution

S Sithi Vinayagam

Dear Mike,

Please suggest which flavour of Linux distribution and the kernel version should i install to work around the thin station source code.

these days i am getting more interested on the Linux Operating system and the features it provides.

thanks / sith

Re: which flavour of linux distribution

TrevorB
On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 12:08 +0000, S Sithi Vinayagam wrote:
> Dear Mike,
>
> Please suggest which flavour of Linux distribution and the kernel
> version should i install to work around the thin station source code.

Mike and I have compiled Thinstation on debian sarge.

I also use redhat 7.3 and Suse 9.3 (all of which work).

Trevor B

> these days i am getting more interested on the Linux Operating system
> and the features it provides.
>
> thanks / sith

Re: which flavour of linux distribution

Mike Eriksen
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, S Sithi Vinayagam wrote:

> Dear Mike,

Please suggest which flavour of Linux distribution and the kernel version should i install to work around the thin station source code.

Besides the distros Trevor already mentioned, also Mandrake/Mandriva works
nicely (Miles use that) and Debian Woody (the previous "stable") is fine
too.

I think that about any just reasonbly current distro will work. The
development environment in Thinstation is fairly complete with its own
chroot environment. However, it does depend on a few tools of the host, so
probably a 64 bit Linux would not be a good idea.

Mike

--
Thinstation FAQ maintainer
http://thinstation.sourceforge.net